What is ellaOne®?
- ellaOne® is a morning after pill that can prevent a pregnancy after unprotected sex, or if your contraceptive method has failed
- ellaOne® is the most effective morning after pill in Europe
- ellaOne® is effective when it matters most because it can prevent a pregnancy even when you are about to ovulate – which is when your risk of getting pregnant is greatest
- ellaOne® works by delaying ovulation (egg release). By the time an egg is released the sperm inside you are no longer capable of making you pregnant.
- Each tablet of ellaOne® contains 30 mg ulipristal acetate
- ellaOne® is easy to take – it is a single tablet to be taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex
- ellaOne® should be taken as soon as possible, but no later than five days (120 hours) after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure
- ellaOne® is suitable for women of reproductive age
- ellaOne® can be taken any time during your cycle